lauantai 11. elokuuta 2012

Free charging shot

Posted this on facebook a couple of days ago already, but here it is for the rest of you to gawk at as well. Went to check out the free charging station at the Pori Energia office in, you guessed it, Pori, Finland. All you need to do is send a text message and the station will lift up allowing you to plug in. Press a button on the pole and it will come down preventing your plug from being stolen. Not bad. Four normal 230 V AC plugs inside.

Kind of got me anxious to get a faster charger. At the 6 A pace you need to pretty much stay the night or a whole day to fill up an empty 40 Ah tank, but at 12 A or 16 A you'd only have to wait a couple of hours. Couple of hours are much easier to kill than a working day. 12 A is the recommended charging speed for the 40 Ah CALBs, but I suppose I could get away with 16 A. At least if I'd get that sort of missing 25th cell that would give me the optimal 3.5 V per cell at 87.6 V total. Right now I get 3.65 V per cell and some of the cells end up hitting 4 V when charging.


Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti